Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring Studio Classes



Holly Bliss Designs
Class Schedule March through June 2015

General Policies:

-All class sign ups are through "Sign up Genius". This makes it fair because it is all in one place
and acts as first come basis.

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0f4ea9a82ca3ff2-march


-If you are a current student, classes may be paid for the night of class, BUT there is a one strike policy. If you fail to show and pay then you will be required to prepay any future classes. If you are a new student you must prepay and attend 3 classes to meet current student status.

-If you need a kit, use sign up genius and email or message me so I can accommodate another student if possible. 

-If you need a kit, use sign up genius and email or message me so I can accommodate another student if possible.

-If you prefer to pay by credit card you must email me and I will provide a paypal invoice that must be paid before class night.

-Cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to class for a full refund, if prepaid, or you will be expected to pay for class and will receive as a kit. If I can fill the class from a waiting list you will not be expected to pay for class. Cancellations may only be made by phone call to instructor, me.

-Earn a 50% off class by bringing a friend as a new student AND they sign up for another class within the next 6 months.

-If a class fills email me to be placed on a waiting list, if I have the supplies and at least 5 students I will schedule another session.

-Remember this is a new endeavor for me and I am open to class ideas and other ideas that make this a great, creative time for everyone.

-You must bring a basic class kit that includes all adhesives, scissors, bone folder and tape runner for papers. I use 3m foam tape to build up most cards and paper projects.

-Sample pictures (first 4 classes) are on Holly Bliss Designs Facebook page. Hoping to have the rest in the next week or so.

https://www.facebook.com/hollyedwardsblissdesigns


EASTER BUNNY TREATS WOOD SIGN
2 Sessions
SATURDAY, MARCH 21 9am to 12pm OR
SATURDAY, MARCH 21 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Cost $30

This darling wood sign is the perfect decoration for your front porch or inside on your mantle. It is designed to look like a vintage Chocolate shop sign. It's large 12" by 36" and is lightly distressed and waxed for protection. Wear old clothes as you will be painting. It will become a favorite Easter decor for years to come.



CHICKEN OR THE EGG VINTAGE PAPER MÂCHÉ BOXES
FRIDAY, MARCH 27
6pm to 9:30pm
$35


Which came first the chicken or the egg? In this class it's both! We will create a stack of three egg shaped boxes that will fit in perfectly with the other seasonal boxes we have created. The ones I was able to get are darling, but a little smaller than others we have done, so I added a darling vintage inspired nest complete with paper clay chick and eggs. It's primitive and whimsical and he just plain makes me happy




A SCRAPPY ADVENTURE SPEED CARDS
THURSDAY, APRIL 9
6pm to 8pm
$25

Ever wonder what to do with a box load of paper scraps? Or ribbon? Well, in this class you will help me get rid of a bunch. We will all create 7 cards that will be based on 7 on the same designs but may have a complete different color scheme than your neighbor. It will all depend on what I pull out and how I can make them go together. I promise it will be fun to see the variety we create and maybe even trade.



ELEGANT OCCASIONS SPEED CARDS!
FRIDAY, APRIL 24
6pm to 8pm
$25

With weddings, showers, Mother's Day and other celebrations coming up you will love this set of elegant cards. They feature a lovely color scheme of purple, turquoise and a great shade of green. They are embellished with ribbon and pearls and a touch of gold metallic. These are different than the usual "Holly" cards but you will still love their Beauty.



VERY VINTAGE BIRTHDAY SPEED CARDS!
2 Sessions
THURSDAY, APRIL 30 6pm to 8 pm OR
FRIDAY, MAY 1 6pm to 8pm
$25

Birthday cards are always the ones we run out of first and creating a new theme is challenging for me, but looking back I realized I have never done a series based on vintage images. We will create 7 cards that use vintage art, papers and ephemera and lightly distress them. If you have a Distressing pad by Tim Holtz bring it tonight. You will love these darling, vintage cards.

A GUY THING PART 2
THURSDAY, MAY 7
6pm to 8pm
$25

Father's Day, graduation and birthday cards for all the men in your life. Since I always lean a little to the girly or whimsical side it's stretches my creativity to create these cards, but it's always worth the effort. Seven cards that celebrate manhood and make sure you have the perfect one for your guy, even if they are only 11.

STUDIO CROP NIGHT OR COME PICK A LEFTOVER KIT
THURSDAY, MAY 9
6pm to 11pm
$10

Want to have some time to create with the friends we have made through classes? Want to pick Holly's brain for ideas or maybe have her help cut something fun? Maybe you would like to see and make one of my leftover class kits. This is the night to come and do it. Bring those pages and projects over. I will let you use my tools and books to create and kits will be available for purchase. I will have some snacks too! The last thing I'm sure we will do is laugh a lot.

SWEET BLOOMING SUMMER SPEED CARDS
2 Sessions
THURSDAY, MAY 21 6pm to 8pm OR
FRIDAY, MAY 22 6pm to 8pm
$25

Ah, it seems so far away right now but it will be summer before we know it. This series of cards is inspired by paper that I feel in love with. Rich red, bright pink, turquoise and lovely green make for a garden of paper craft delights. Flowers, garden tools and ladybugs are all here and did I say, I love these cards?

OLD GLORY VINTAGE WOOD SIGN
SATURDAY, JUNE 6
10am to 12pm
$25
Another wonderful porch sign that celebrates America. This red, white and blue beauty is vintage inspired and lightly distressed. You will love the patriotic theme and what could be more inviting to your home. It's big at 12" by 36" and we will finish it off by waxing it to help protect it from the elements.

NANTUCKET SUMMER SPEED CARDS
2 Sessions
THURSDAY, JUNE 11 6pm to 8pm OR
FRIDAY, JUNE 12 6pm to 8pm
$25

Summer days are upon us and get ready for an old fashioned celebration. These cards are vintage inspired and use Graphic 45 papers to celebrate summer and patriotism. You will feel just like you are at the beach on a shore. Even if you live in landlocked Colorado!

SUMMERTIME WOOL FELT APPLIQUÉ
SATURDAY, JUNE 20
9am to 1pm
$40

Ever want to translate some of the skills we learn together to a new medium? We will take some of my paper piecing patterns and create a wonderful wool felt design that can be framed or made into a pillow. Wool felt is truly the easiest appliqué ever. No turning of edges and requires a simple in and out stitch. If you can sew a button you can wool felt appliqué. I promise you will fall in love with this Lady Liberty! Since this is the first time I will ever be teaching this, I'm not sure we will finish on class day. If you need to take it home I promise I will help you finish into either a wall piece or pillow. You will need to purchase your own 11" by 17" frame or stuffing for a pillow. PLEASE BRING: Sharp sewing scissors and a 8" embroidery hoop.

BANG, BANG SUMMER LAYOUTS
THURSDAY, JUNE 25
6pm to 9pm
$25

Hooray for the summertime and everything patriotic. Join us and create these 3 scrapbook spreads (6 pages) for summer including July 4th and picnic time. You will love the way these make your pictures look and have fun doing them.every thing is all prepped and ready for you to assemble.


No comments:

Post a Comment